Review: Oryspa Rice Powder Face Mask (Brightening)

I'm so excited to share my favorite all-natural face mask from Oryspa! I bought one when I was in SM North Edsa. I tried it at home and mom saw the difference it did so when we were in SM Sta Rosa, we bought more!

Oryspa is a local brand that makes and sells products that are rice bran-based. I first heard this brand from chicsassymom, I tried to search about it and eventually stumbled upon another blog that says something about how awesome Oryspa is so I decided to try it. 

From their website: Oryspa (from the scientific name of rice, oryza sativa) means rice for the spa. Like food for the soul, Oryspa products will just do that.  It provides instant relaxation, rejuvenation or energy when you need it most. You can bring the spa experience into your homes.

Benefits of Rice Bran

It’s my pleasure to tell you that rice bran oil unlike other natural plant oils which you have to have an intake as supplement to have an effect, effective results are achieved when used topically.
1. Look and feel younger as rice bran used in Oryspa products are high omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin b which are natural anti oxidant
2. Get fairer whiter skin safely with Oryspa products with rice bran. Unlike virgin coconut oil, rice bran has a high smoke point which means it does not react easily to the heat of the sun where we experience abundantly in the tropics.
3. Get smoother softer hair and skin as Oryspa products are easily absorbed by the skin
4. Enjoy a clearer complexion as Oryspa brightens with rice bran being naturally antibacterial in nature.


One pack costs Php 65 or USD 1.59

 
Left: description, ingredients, directions. Right: scary-looking me when mask is applied haha

How I mix it:
You need:
tablespoon (doesn't matter if it's metal or plastic)
mixing container (small plate would do)
water or milk

I take a tablespoon (sometimes even less) of the powder inside and then mix it with a very, very small amount of water. I find that 1:1 doesn't work since the mixture would become too runny and wouldn't be fun to put as mask on. It turns into a mixture a little less thicker than condensed milk. I find that no matter how you make the mask, it still has the same effect so it doesn't matter if it's too runny since it hardens on the face. I leave it for 20mins or as soon as the clay hardens before I wash it off with water. I recommend lying down and listening to music while you're at it.

How I apply it:
Using my fingers, I take some and then massage it on my face, making sure that everything is covered so every part of my skin is even after I wash off. I also put some under my eyes, even my eyelids (but I don't close my eyes and then apply) but in the picture, I accidentally put some on my eyebrow - which is unnecessary.

Results:
Unfortunately I can't provide an "after" picture from the above pic. I only have a picture of me after my second try:
Notice that my face is brighter/a little whiter that my neck. I have a yellow undertone by the way.

My skin type is combination and is a bit sensitive so I'm always on the look out for natural products. The mask gives the same effect as Tony Moly's Tomatox except that this one is natural and lasts longer. It leaves a tiny white cast on the face that blends on your skin. My face powder makeup looks smoother after using the mask. It doesn't irritate and doesn't break me out.

I tried this once and then applied The Face Shop Natural Sun AQ Power Long Lasting Suncream SPF45 PA+++, my skin looked so smooth! I guess the suncream served as the foundation since it looks like bb cream. Will review it soon!

Will I repurchase? Definitely! But one pack goes a long way and I still have one and a half more haha!
Rating: 5/5

Oryspa branches:
ORYSPA
SM City Calamba
Laguna
Level 2 (Near National Bookstore)

ORYSPA
SM City Clark 
Pampanga
Level 1, (Near National Bookstore)
Opening on Oct. 29, 2011

ORYSPA
SM City North EDSA 
The Block
Level 3 Near Kimono Ken

ORYSPA
SM City Lipa
Level 1 in front of Goldilocks


ORYSPA
SM San Lazaro

Also Available in:

KUTITAP
Robinsons Town Mall
Los Banos, Laguna
Ground Floor

ORYSPA Office251 D, BCC Building
Chipeco Avenue
Calamba, Laguna

Have you tried Oryspa? What is/are your favorite products? Share your thoughts! :)